Ambition Dance Productions Company
If you are interested in our competitive or Concert company please email Wendy@Ambitiondancepro.com for more information.
2019-20 Company Auditions
Friday June 7th and July 12th
Dancers should attend the audition time of the age they will be as of January 1, 2020
10:30-11 AM – Age 5-7 year old (or 8 years old with no competitive dance experience)
11:15-12:30 PM – Age 8-11 year old Ballet, Tap & Jazz
12:30-1:15 PM – Age 8-11 year old Hip Hop Company
1:30-2:45 PM – Age 12+ year old Ballet, Tap & Jazz
2:45-3:30 PM – Age 12+ year old Hip Hop
Doors will open and registration begins at 10:00 AM. A room will be provided for dancers to properly warm up, as there will be no formal warm up time during the audition times. Parents will be required to fill out audition form at the studio. If you cannot make it please email email@example.com and she can send form in advance.No baggy clothing during the jazz and ballet portions. Please bring appropriate jazz, ballet, and tap shoes. For Hip Hop auditions CLEAN tennis shoes only – no street shoes or black marking soles allowed. Dancers may audition for the segments they feel most appropriate. Decisions will be emailed within 5 days of the audition. If you have additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot make any of these dates you may schedule a private audition (Studio private lesson rates will apply). Please email email@example.com to schedule.
Competitive Company (Ages 5+)
Our competitive performance company is for the more serious dancer starting at age 5 through 13. The company will be required to take technique classes in all genres of dance. They will work with choreographers to learn pieces that will be competed at local competitions and events. Our focus is to enhance and master dance technique and artistry.
The competitive company competes in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Lyrical, and Musical Theater. If you are interested in specializing in one style we do offer an option to participate in our competitive company in Ballet, Tap or Hip Hop.
This company consists of our Petite Company (ages 5-8), Mini Company (ages 8-11), Junior Company (ages 11-14), Teen Company (13+) and Senior Company (15+). Ages vary based on ability and company placement. Weekly technical / class requirements are set by company. Ballet is our foundation and the Mini, Junior & Teen company dancers are required to take 2 or more classes in Ballet each week in addition to other styles (Petite & Senior Company is required to take one ballet class).
The company will attend one regional convention and compete at 3-4 regional competitions (one of which will be combined with a dance convention). The company will also perform at a showcase and at local charity / city event.
To enhance our dance education the company will attend two in house master classes/conventions.
We plan like to attend a national event every other year and offer a dance experience trip the opposing years. (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc.)
Solos, duos, and trios will be optional for those interested between the ages of 6-18.
Concert Company (Ages 14+ – current 8th graders may audition)
This company is for strong technical dancers looking to expand their artistry. The goal for the dancers at this age is to expand their knowledge and their connections in the industry while providing time for other opportunities that come their way.
- The Concert Company will perform for specific events throughout the year. Performance opportunities may include dance festivals, charity and city events in the DFW metroplex.
- This company will also have the opportunity to attend regional and in house conventions and master classes.
- Members will have the opportunity to have a private meeting and audition with a New York talent agency.
- One optional travel event per year will be planned to expand the dance experience (New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.)
- Choreography and Artist development projects.
- Concert Company members will be automatically enrolled in the Mentorship Program which includes personal assessment of goals with parent/student consultation, resume and video submissions, scholarship development, fine arts college festivals, personal connections and introductions, and continuing individual development, guidance, and opportunities for those looking to pursue dance or musical theater professionally.
- Concert Company members may also compete Solos, duos, and trios as listed above.
New for 2018-19 Season - Performance Company Ages 7+
This company is for dancers who want to take their technique to the next level but may not want to commit as much time as our Competitive Company dancers. The goal for the dancers is to gain more technical experience / training with the opportunity to perform and compete locally.
- The Performance Company will perform for specific events throughout the year. Performance opportunities may include charity and city events in the DFW metroplex.
- This company will compete at 2 local competitions.
- This company may also have the opportunity to attend regional and in house conventions and master classes.